Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Samstag, 17. September 2011
A sketch for Telesphór Cometh
Telesphoros has always been a source of fascination to me. In Jungian psychology, he is the bringer of accomplishment (of individuation, that is). In ancient times, he was an arcane symbol for the fulfillment of the healing process in the cult of Asklepios. He is the eternal child dwelling in all of us, that never ages, a connotation of the arcane and subconscious healing powers of the soul. Note that these are my words, not Jung´s. My own way of life and my own understanding has been strongly influenced by the psychological and philosophical works of C.G. Jung, Sigmund Freud and Willhelm Reich.
Here you can find an excellent site where C.G. Jung himself gives an insight on the motivation to carve Telesphoros into the picture stone he made for his 75th birthday.
It was a dream I only had recently, and by motivation of some strong pictures in my mind. Now, anyone not completely ignorant might have noticed that this guy here (me) is not as whole as he could be:-). Enter the witch*ggg*. And I made this sketch just as well for her as I did for me. Through this gate of two trees, tangled roots and tangled wood, the eternal child stepped, holding the lantern and the sword to guide my way. Sorry, Carl Gustav, for ravaging your iconography:-), but this dream is entirely mine.
He guides the way through the darkness and to the land of dreams again, which I until now, entirely thought lost. But as I made "the cliffhanger" with two fingers on the edge, hanging over the abyss, I heard a gentle song. You cannot climb out of a black hole. You have to fly, with the right spin to your movement.
It will go on, and I simply love this way my life has taken. And I do not need to call it any names.
Individually, I will follow my "psychopomp" into the twilight, not with terror, but with a joyous curiosity. As I have so long ago. The pain I have experienced will make the joy I encounter ever so much more intense. There will be pain again, but also joy.
Life is good.
Labels:
Archetypen,
C.G. Jung,
Freud,
Orgon,
Reich,
Telesphoros,
Willhelm Reich
Beliebte Posts
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
On request I am doing a personal evaluation of a very classic bushcraft combination. The famed Roselli hunter and carpenter´s knife. I pur...
-
I had used my beloved friction folder pretty hard. For those of you that are new to the blog, I made it several years ago, from a titanium...
-
Some time ago I collected some oak galls because I was feeling inspired by medieval scribe culture. I had made the graphite pen holder and ...
-
I am not quite sure how to write this positively. I am currently feeling a bit burned out, not necessarily by smithing, but by the circum...
-
You all have read my post about the Knifemaker´s Fair in Solingen Klingenmuseum which...
-
On Friday it was ruckus in the smithy again. I wanted to come early to have a chance to pursue my own projects, but to little effect. Jul...
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
On a recent bimble I came across this lovely piece of pine wood and thought to get some whittling practice in. Now many people argue ...