Mittwoch, 4. März 2015

A rare Karesuando collectible

I knew I had it somewhere, and after the meeting with Gabriele on the expo I began to look for´t thoroughly. I bought this knife years ago. Karesuando does not make them anymore, more´s the pity, but I got me one when they were still for sale, more´s the joy.;-). Blade´s 84mmx3,2mm 12C27 Swedish stainless steel at roundabout 57HRC, handle´s birch burr with a more subdued grain and reindeer antler. The sheath is made from top-grain cowhide leather with a plastic insert and a very traditional belt loop. The knife is a most comfortable carry and came out of the box razor sharp. Even though the blade shape is more suited for skinning, I find it also makes a decent whittling knife. The hollow grind makes it more suited for little tasks. For hiking around the block and even light camping tasks it´s a good snacking, whittling and allround knife.

I like it.

Beliebte Posts