Views last month

Mittwoch, 7. September 2011

An gobhán Dhú - some twisted poetry again...

Flickering flames
Were aburning down
I left the pyre of my death.
And in my lungs
That were no more
Still did I feel 
My last solemn breath.


With sails out of moonlight,
A rover out of frozen dreams,
To a silver coast I came;
And I trod a shore of diamonds
I walked a crystal path.




Across the void of pain I walked
Saw glaciers out of frozen tears.
I saw the sun go down upon
Black mountains out of fear.
And across the ringing void,
I heard a twinkling song;
A ringing, singing song I heard
Of hammer upon anvil.


I saw the hammerhand
Forge the steel,
I saw the hammerhand,
Now I will never kneel.
And thus I found my sword
At the brim of darkness,
At the edge of the void.


One sword of light,
One blade so dark,


Which path to take?

Note: I wrote this some nine years ago.

Kommentare:

  1. Hat ja (zumindest am Anfang) schon so ein bisschen einen Tolkie-Touch ;)
    So, you not only found the sword, you forged it. Does this fact make a decision on the path more easy? ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. @drui: Wie kommts;-)...

    I wrote this before she gave me an axehead. Then someone who was not exactly my friend and with no affinity to those things whatsoever gave me a historical, rotten Katana blade he found in the Fire brigade´s dumpster as a gift. I do not have to decide on the path now. I have been on it since I was born. And there are more than twelve people following me. All that makes me suspicious the Senchus Mor might apply to me, too;-). Cattle are still at large, though*g.

    It is a decision between the raven and the swan. Or maybe none at all.

    And this sword I forged is not the sword I seek. The sword I seek is rún iaránn and corr-guinech, and the handle is imbás forósnai, swift as a racehorse along the river the salmon rides;-). It is the clés of the Gae Bolga, too, taught in a Yew, "lying on the back". Its actual blade, however, is made of the steel "whose one cleave destroyed a kingdom".

    It is the idea of a sword and an actual blade. It is of the same steel as the *caleto-bolgos. I am not technically capable of making that right now, for it involves making crucible damascus, which I have not done yet. But I will.;-)

    So, you can see, I am resolved, and determined to death. But a sword is not only a symbol, and to the deadly aspect I cannot relate without contemplation, for I am not a man of war, but of the greenwood. The only reason to wield it is to defend. See another post;-).

    AntwortenLöschen

Now go on, discuss and rant and push my ego;-). As long as it´s a respectful message, every comment is welcome!

Beliebte Posts