Views last month

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012

On the bench these days...;-)

 A leaf-handled snack and backwoods knife, 110 mm, spine thickness 2,8 mm, selective temper, spring steel, convex bevel.

You know this knife... I reforged it as an En-Nep, ancient high carbon spring steel, C 75 or something, stag crown handle with a copper ferrule, thickness 3 mm, length 110 mm, convex bevel.
 En-Nep, 110 mm x 3 mm, dragon head, flat tang (yet to be drilled and ground), and some details...




I am quite fond of the achievement, even if they still can do with some refinement, but I see some development, and that´s a thing;-).

Kommentare:

  1. I like that second one down, a cross between a kukri and a nessie! The dragon knife I really like. Something I'll have to have a go at sometimes. So many things so little time!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I really like recurve blade shapes, for they cut with a drawing cut, and that simply feels great.... oh, and DO I know that, so many things, so little time-but isn´t that great? Better than not knowing what to do and buying and consuming crap all the time! Thanks for your kind words again, it´s your fault also when I feel inspired;-), and if I could inspire a bit in turn, I would be glad;-).

    AntwortenLöschen

Now go on, discuss and rant and push my ego;-). As long as it´s a respectful message, every comment is welcome!

Beliebte Posts