Views last month

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012

For want of a shoe....

...a shoe was made... needed some shoes for reenactment, so I made myself some;-). Modelled after shoes from the Iron age / Vendel / viking age. Those are stitched from the wrong side up and then turned upside down, from 4 mm soles and 3 mm oiled upper leather, and I am really, really fond of them. In fact, I built an outer sole out of Latex and wear them in the woods. Can do with some fine-tuning, but comfy they are, and that´s what counts... ;-)

Kommentare:

  1. Wow, they look great :D
    Excited to see them in combination with the rest ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Thanks, but you are being polite, are you?*ggg* I am all clumsy with the needle... but I keep on trying, stubborn bonehead that I am;-).

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. 1st pair you made? they are not bad at all! Shoes aren't easy to make, I have tried a couple of times and they didn't come up as nice as that.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I keep wanting to try it. I've got the leather, but I'm short on time and courage. (I'd hate to waste the leather, since I'd bought it to make belts and axe sheaths!)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I´ll post some pics on progress on my next pair... I needed my time, too, it was some three years before I got started. But there comes a point when I simply have to try it. I hate to waste leather, too, but then you can make little items from leather you wasted, provided you did;-), what I do not expect:-). Do not choose the upper too thick, a mistake I wanted to make, but with a little advice from my favourite saddler, who sold me the leather, obstained from it. I wish you good success!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Real nice!

    I need to get my hands on some leather, soon.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Thanks, Ron, and good success to you!

    AntwortenLöschen

Now go on, discuss and rant and push my ego;-). As long as it´s a respectful message, every comment is welcome!

Beliebte Posts