From my springtime hike and hug-a-tree endeavour;-) I went to Kai´s. he had some 3 to ;-) of wood to be chopped, a good excuse to bring out the blades and doing some exercise. By the pic you can estimate the dimension of the logs to be chopped. Kai, the absolute madman, did that with a hatchet, for his axe was utter crap. I messed up making a photo of mine, but it was good fun splitting the wood. We had a great time and some mad jokes, and I got myself a piece of birch wood that wants to be a kuksa or a BIG spoon. It was some three hours of muscle burning, and some really quality food and quality time with quality people.
Think we´ll do that again, eh?;-)
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
At my recent visit to Solingen I also dropped by the Otter knives booth. Now they were very persuasive;-) and I got this beautiful tradit...
-
On Saturday, I had an appointment with Pamela and her boyfriend, René. René is one of my oldest friends, and Pamela, his girlfriend, is a...
-
Several weeks ago I found some green walnuts and wanted to try out to make cordial, schnapps and sweets (black walnuts) from them. The thi...
-
On Saturday it was a bladesmithing day again. You know that kind.... you wake up, see that the weather´s foul, and then you sit there dri...
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
I was feeling inspired by some Chinese guy making cups from Reishi mushrooms and thought I would give it a go. I used tinder conk/horse...
-
Okay, this is another unlikely Fimbulmyrk tale.*ggg* On a recent walk I found this knife, deep in the woods, off any path. I left it the...
-
Everyone was raving about that big event going on, staged for 21st December, wait, what was it now, that Maya thing;-), knowharramean?*gg...
-
Last summer I had ordered a Casström Woodsman bushcraft knife. It being a design by Roger Harrington I had been sneaking around that knife f...