Take:
500 g wild plum (or common plum for that)
500g sugar or honey
One shot citric acid
4 cl Sherry
One scroll cinnamon
One knifetip cardomom
One knifetip nutmeg
Take the wild plum and quarter the fruit. Put into a pot that can be put in the oven, too. Add the citric acid. let it rest for a day or two, until the sugar is dissolved. Add 2 cl Sherry and mix thoroughly. Let it rest for another day. Cook on very low heat. Remove any foam that builds up (delicious!). Reduce the fruit to mousse while constantly stirring with a wooden spoon. Add water to taste. It will take one hour or some (did not watch the clock too closely;-) for the fruit to completely reduce. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 100 degrees C, turn down the heat again, and open the oven door. Add the finely ground spices and 2 cl Sherry (or more, to your liking). Let the mousse completely reduce at 50 degrees in the oven for about 15 minutes.
This is a traditional German recipe I modified.
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
This is somewhat of an edit of an ancient post from way back then. But as is, the times have changed a lot, and so has my persp...
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
I had used my beloved friction folder pretty hard. For those of you that are new to the blog, I made it several years ago, from a titanium...
-
It was some two weeks ago, when I went out on an after-work foraging stroll. Winter cometh;-) as they say, so I´d decided to go look for so...
-
This is a MilTec assault pack, since I could not afford a Tas, for cheap (39€). Loads of Molle loops, hydration pouch (system is not provide...
-
The other day I rode out to my favourite creek to do some dipping and crafting, and I got some... nooootions. 😉 You know, my beloved mag...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
So, as I said, the hunt is on, and I like to circle the topic by etymology first. I learned the variant "Knopmes" is still used i...
-
I recently had an opportunity I could not resist;-). I was craving this knife for some 17 years or so, but did not want to spend that much...