On Monday I went out foraging and came home with a rucksack full of blackberries, wild apples, sloe and wild plum. They grow like mad, and this wild sort (it has thorns, don´t have a clue what it´s called) tastes sweet and juicy to boot. Great!
I harvested a load of them, as much as I could carry, and there are still tons more on each tree. How great mother nature cares for us! I am very grateful for that and will remember that in winter...
Preparing a pot full for Plum mousse, a local speciality: The recipe will come soon!
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2011
Beliebte Posts
-
This is somewhat of an edit of an ancient post from way back then. But as is, the times have changed a lot, and so has my persp...
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
This is a MilTec assault pack, since I could not afford a Tas, for cheap (39€). Loads of Molle loops, hydration pouch (system is not provide...
-
I had used my beloved friction folder pretty hard. For those of you that are new to the blog, I made it several years ago, from a titanium...
-
It was some two weeks ago, when I went out on an after-work foraging stroll. Winter cometh;-) as they say, so I´d decided to go look for so...
-
The other day I rode out to my favourite creek to do some dipping and crafting, and I got some... nooootions. 😉 You know, my beloved mag...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
So, as I said, the hunt is on, and I like to circle the topic by etymology first. I learned the variant "Knopmes" is still used i...
-
I recently had an opportunity I could not resist;-). I was craving this knife for some 17 years or so, but did not want to spend that much...