Views last month

Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2012

Flea market finds...

I rummaged through the darkness of my cellar and what did I find? A cardboard box full with some forgotten goodies I got on a flea market in Solingen years ago. I missed them dearly for two years and then forgot about them. Funny, how a human mind works...;-) seems I did not need them so dearly at all;-). Anyway, I found them again, and now I am very fond of them. An ancient draw knife out of high carbon steel with a nice, thin profile, and extreeemely slicey kitchen / whittling knives, high carbon steel, 1 mm thick. I paid, if I remember right, some 5 € for a box, which incorporated roundabout 15 kitchen knives also...

I was enthused to make that find... I recommend this: Forget about your flea market finds, then find ém again, it´s like reliving the joy you had when you first found them;-).

Kommentare:

  1. I'd rather suggest that, instead of losing and refinding them, you take care of 'm and use'm! That way you'll have much much more fun with them.
    Seriously though, those are some nice knives to put to use. I have yet to find something like that.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Ron, you´re absolutely right;-) and I am a goof for that! You might want to look at garage boot sales and flea markets, especially the booths where earthy colours are predominating;-)! Also look in cities with a history in cutlery making.

    AntwortenLöschen

Now go on, discuss and rant and push my ego;-). As long as it´s a respectful message, every comment is welcome!

Beliebte Posts