I had no decent sheath for one of my favourite knives, and I had the privilege to have an unreally great crafts evening with the friend of my soul, and I grabbed the opportunity to make a half(:-))- decent sheath at last. The knife helped a lot, and I liked it. It´s always kind of a reality check how good your designs work when tooling leather, It works well, so I guess I got one thing or the other right:-). The sheath is untanned, wet-sculpted leather. The knife design is a bit complicated to make a sheath in this style for it to hold it in properly. I sculpted a groove and made an inlay into it. How it works when the sheath has seen some use remains to be seen. The sheath has yet to be tanned, and the stitching´s a bit sloppy as usual.
Had other things to look at and to distract me*g.
But it keeps the blade in and out of harm´s way.
A total of the knife and the sheath. I braided the belt loop. I´ll maybe give you a tutorial on that later:-).
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
I had used my beloved friction folder pretty hard. For those of you that are new to the blog, I made it several years ago, from a titanium...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
Some time ago I collected some oak galls because I was feeling inspired by medieval scribe culture. I had made the graphite pen holder and ...
-
This is somewhat of an edit of an ancient post from way back then. But as is, the times have changed a lot, and so has my persp...
-
On Saturday, I was privileged to be part of a big issue for me: I was invited to the creremony of Ms. Mondjungs and Jakub´s wedding, whic...
-
So, as I said, the hunt is on, and I like to circle the topic by etymology first. I learned the variant "Knopmes" is still used i...
-
This is a MilTec assault pack, since I could not afford a Tas, for cheap (39€). Loads of Molle loops, hydration pouch (system is not provide...
-
I recently had an opportunity I could not resist;-). I was craving this knife for some 17 years or so, but did not want to spend that much...