I had some quince to spare and gave them to my old mother, and chance is, she processed them and coincidentally had some jelly to spare, how come;-)?
This is how she made it:
500 g quince
150 g ginger
650 g pectinous sugar
1 shot ( 2 cl) of rum
Chop the ginger finely. Do the same to the quince, leave the peels on, they contain a high amount of pectine and help in jellying the mass. Cook quince with a little water and reduce to a mass. Add the ginger, cook for about five minutes more. Let it rest for ten minutes. Pass through a sieve. Add the pectinous sugar and cook again. Before filling in vaccuum jars, add the shot of rum. Fill into jars. Done.;-).
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
I had used my beloved friction folder pretty hard. For those of you that are new to the blog, I made it several years ago, from a titanium...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
Some time ago I collected some oak galls because I was feeling inspired by medieval scribe culture. I had made the graphite pen holder and ...
-
This is somewhat of an edit of an ancient post from way back then. But as is, the times have changed a lot, and so has my persp...
-
On Saturday, I was privileged to be part of a big issue for me: I was invited to the creremony of Ms. Mondjungs and Jakub´s wedding, whic...
-
So, as I said, the hunt is on, and I like to circle the topic by etymology first. I learned the variant "Knopmes" is still used i...
-
This is a MilTec assault pack, since I could not afford a Tas, for cheap (39€). Loads of Molle loops, hydration pouch (system is not provide...
-
I recently had an opportunity I could not resist;-). I was craving this knife for some 17 years or so, but did not want to spend that much...