Now it´s always some sort of challenge to choose the right presents for Chrismas. I found out even people who are normally not into blades much really like those Opinels. I mean, it´s obvious they cut like mad and even serve a great job in the kitchen. To add some personality to it, I love to carve them. It´s quick and easily done, does not impair the function and makes for an absolutely unique knife. The one on the left I made for my uncle, who unfortunately;-) has his birthday on Chrismas, the poor fellow. It´s a No. 9 with a carbon steel blade. The carving is burned with a spruce resin / beeswax / linseed oil finish.
This one now lives in Fritz´ pocket, the "boy";-) friend of my mother. Same finish, but he likes shorter ones, so a No. 8 this time, carbon steel again.
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
I had used my beloved friction folder pretty hard. For those of you that are new to the blog, I made it several years ago, from a titanium...
-
Some time ago I collected some oak galls because I was feeling inspired by medieval scribe culture. I had made the graphite pen holder and ...
-
This is somewhat of an edit of an ancient post from way back then. But as is, the times have changed a lot, and so has my persp...
-
On Saturday, I was privileged to be part of a big issue for me: I was invited to the creremony of Ms. Mondjungs and Jakub´s wedding, whic...
-
So, as I said, the hunt is on, and I like to circle the topic by etymology first. I learned the variant "Knopmes" is still used i...
-
This is a MilTec assault pack, since I could not afford a Tas, for cheap (39€). Loads of Molle loops, hydration pouch (system is not provide...
-
The other day I rode out to my favourite creek to do some dipping and crafting, and I got some... nooootions. 😉 You know, my beloved mag...