Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Mittwoch, 21. September 2011
New pack for mountainbike riding and bimbles
This is a MilTec assault pack, since I could not afford a Tas, for cheap (39€). Loads of Molle loops, hydration pouch (system is not provided), and some well-organized departments with YKK zippers. 1000 denier Cordura fabric. I added a chest strap for mountainbike riding, and I like it a lot.
Labels:
assault pack,
backpack,
Cordura,
hydration system,
Molle,
rucksack,
YKK
Beliebte Posts
-
On the flea market in Schwelm, where I worked as a member of the organisation team, I found this treasure; a real tribal dagger, which I ...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
In my relatively...ummmm...vast? . ;-) collection one can find among many others these two knives. For the one below I can safely state t...
-
Joel suggested a concoction consisting of linseed oil and iron oxide to tan the sheaths. I had some iron oxide left from etching my damas...
-
I recently got some new shoes. I have long considered making my own mocassins, but wasn´t able to get decent aftermarket soles. Of course...
-
Ice was gathering up on my window, and the beams cracked with cold; and the woods did call me to give me lessons of life. So I walked awa...
-
It is that time of year again when I tend to get in somewhat of a frenzy. It has been a long time ago that I started to forage for at lea...
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
Birka knife blade [edit: This is not a Birka find, but a Scandinavian iron age design], spring steel, selectively tempered.65x4mm blade. ...
-
This is a knife I have owned now for some time, and I realized how much I like it just because it always rides in my pocket, and I actual...