On Wednesday morning, I went for a short bimble before going to work. First I went to the bank. Some idiot always disposes of his crap tin cans at the same place. Since there´s a fee on them, and this wood can do with being cleaner, I collect them. 2,00€ for nothing...
Now this is weird. Blackberry blossom in late summer...
On my way I came across this gang of apples (Apples! They are everywhere! Plain parasites if you ask me!*g) bullying a lonely pear. Pear pressure, so to say, and I could not stand pear groups out of apples bullying pears, for this is plain absurd. So I took them away from the poor pear, and ate them all. After eating the apples, I thought I´d spare the pear and let it run free. Turns out I am an inconsequent bastard*g, so I ate that, too. First I thought about barbecuing it, but I had no Pear Grills whatsoever*g, so I ate it raw instead, They all were delicious...Does anyone know where to get a pear grill?*g
I simply love those colours...
The hills of home so far and distant,
My heart does yearn for a time gone by;
When songs of green my heart´s wound soothed,
And there were no questions why...
Okay, inspiration over and out...*g I sincerely hope my other readers are not put off by me having these fits of poetry, but that´s how it is, and in this case I would not care a damn.*g My inspiration has a good cause, and that changed my life and saved me from a darkness ever so deep. Now singing seems more natural than speaking, to be true. And no question why. Just a simple smile...:-)
Beauty. It accompagnied me into the evening and through an arduous task at work.
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
On the flea market in Schwelm, where I worked as a member of the organisation team, I found this treasure; a real tribal dagger, which I ...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
In my relatively...ummmm...vast? . ;-) collection one can find among many others these two knives. For the one below I can safely state t...
-
Joel suggested a concoction consisting of linseed oil and iron oxide to tan the sheaths. I had some iron oxide left from etching my damas...
-
I recently got some new shoes. I have long considered making my own mocassins, but wasn´t able to get decent aftermarket soles. Of course...
-
Ice was gathering up on my window, and the beams cracked with cold; and the woods did call me to give me lessons of life. So I walked awa...
-
It is that time of year again when I tend to get in somewhat of a frenzy. It has been a long time ago that I started to forage for at lea...
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
Birka knife blade [edit: This is not a Birka find, but a Scandinavian iron age design], spring steel, selectively tempered.65x4mm blade. ...
-
This is a knife I have owned now for some time, and I realized how much I like it just because it always rides in my pocket, and I actual...