On 9th of October it will be mayhem over Schwelm again:-). Roundabout up to 70 000 visitors will stroll the aisles. I will work there for my employer, but if I´ll find a bit of time, chance is, there will be some feature on this blog about all the goodies I got there myself. Look forward to Khalil´s booth again, for he always has some great, slightly rotten stuff I covet. Old files and chisels galore, antler material falsely referred to as trophies:-), antiquities, and a load of good food to relish in. And if the sun´s out, the bazaar atmosphere will be even better. Now, you see, I MUST write this (got my meagre salary:-) or was that celary?*ggg by doing so), but it´s a great market I also visited before I worked here.
Many of my flea market finds I featured in my blog I found here. There are people from the Netherlands, Belgium, France and even the neighbouring towns*ggg* attending and visiting the fair, which will take place in the entire city. There will be an art expo in the periphery of the market, shops will be open on Sunday, and, here comes the real clincher, I will be there, too, wearing a funny jacket and being yelled at for my incompetence*ggg*.
More (in German)
Applying for a booth
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
On the flea market in Schwelm, where I worked as a member of the organisation team, I found this treasure; a real tribal dagger, which I ...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
In my relatively...ummmm...vast? . ;-) collection one can find among many others these two knives. For the one below I can safely state t...
-
Joel suggested a concoction consisting of linseed oil and iron oxide to tan the sheaths. I had some iron oxide left from etching my damas...
-
I recently got some new shoes. I have long considered making my own mocassins, but wasn´t able to get decent aftermarket soles. Of course...
-
Ice was gathering up on my window, and the beams cracked with cold; and the woods did call me to give me lessons of life. So I walked awa...
-
It is that time of year again when I tend to get in somewhat of a frenzy. It has been a long time ago that I started to forage for at lea...
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
Birka knife blade [edit: This is not a Birka find, but a Scandinavian iron age design], spring steel, selectively tempered.65x4mm blade. ...
-
This is a knife I have owned now for some time, and I realized how much I like it just because it always rides in my pocket, and I actual...