This is a painting and drawing I made in 2003 or so... it´s wet-on wet with crayons and aquarel colour.
And that´s a sketch I made after the dream I had after too much snails;-), and NO, I did NOT eat them.
It has a place in my personal fantasy (?) mythology, the "tree of life" of the Dhiudha na n Dhuodhai and Dhiudha Horoidw. ? because I sometimes ask myself if there might be more to this.
Es ist der Baum des Lebens. Drei Kessel der Fülle, die überfließen vor Inspiration, drei Blicke, drei Räder des AOUEIn. Vier (eigentlich sechs) untergeordnete Räder der Kraft, und "der flammende Scheitel". Aber all das ist nur intellektueller Kram... Wurzel und Krone sind alles, was einen Baum ausmacht. ;-).
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Dienstag, 6. September 2011
For Drui... some drawings and dreams
Beliebte Posts
-
On the flea market in Schwelm, where I worked as a member of the organisation team, I found this treasure; a real tribal dagger, which I ...
-
So I am in a really fascinating process of recreating the Trollstein knife, a knife that had been found in the glacier melt near Trollstei...
-
This is a new knife project that is almost entirely courtesy of the woods and the deep earth; it is forged out of ancient spring steel wi...
-
At my recent visit to Solingen I also dropped by the Otter knives booth. Now they were very persuasive;-) and I got this beautiful tradit...
-
In my relatively...ummmm...vast? . ;-) collection one can find among many others these two knives. For the one below I can safely state t...
-
Okay, here they come.. some progress shots of my Sica, now aptly named Úlenklawe. In my local vicinity there was a special language spoke...
-
This is a very special knife with a strong historical background. The blade is made from crucible steel I found in the woods and a middle...
-
Nick and Kathrin had called the other day if I´d wanted to come along visiting the nature art EN expo in the Hülsenbecker valley with t...
-
On the Friday of the week before last week I made for Ahlhauser Hammer ironforge and decided to take the bus and walk the final miles. Th...
-
After a really shitty day at work I almost ran to the bus to get "out there". It was nearly a run into the thicket, where I at ...