Through the forest´s
Greenwood aisles I walked, away,
Away, and to the hills
Where the colden autumn wind
In flaming leaves it talked.
Long was my trail,
And, tiring, down I sat
And closed my eyes and listened
To the rustling leaves
As long a time ago I had.
There the trees,
And with them I grew,
From root to root I whispered,
From word to word
And deed to deed
My burning tears
A crystal gem.
And root to root,
In silence did they grow,
In darkness, and in light
And tangling with each other
For a reason I don´t know.
A gate of trees
Stood, side by side
With tangled roots they grew
And suddenly I knew:
As branch to branch,
And leaf to leaf
With tangled crown and root...
And might it be,
They die from lacking light
Might be they
In twilight they decay,
But their yearnful longing
It formed a gate,
And thence a star
Rose in the night,
A cloaked child,
In hooded shades,
From the twilight stepped.
It guards the way
And guides us there
With lantern and with sword
Far away
To the land of dreams.
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Freitag, 16. September 2011
Tangled woods, tangled roots
Beliebte Posts
-
On the flea market in Schwelm, where I worked as a member of the organisation team, I found this treasure; a real tribal dagger, which I ...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
In my relatively...ummmm...vast? . ;-) collection one can find among many others these two knives. For the one below I can safely state t...
-
Joel suggested a concoction consisting of linseed oil and iron oxide to tan the sheaths. I had some iron oxide left from etching my damas...
-
I recently got some new shoes. I have long considered making my own mocassins, but wasn´t able to get decent aftermarket soles. Of course...
-
Ice was gathering up on my window, and the beams cracked with cold; and the woods did call me to give me lessons of life. So I walked awa...
-
It is that time of year again when I tend to get in somewhat of a frenzy. It has been a long time ago that I started to forage for at lea...
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
Birka knife blade [edit: This is not a Birka find, but a Scandinavian iron age design], spring steel, selectively tempered.65x4mm blade. ...
-
This is a knife I have owned now for some time, and I realized how much I like it just because it always rides in my pocket, and I actual...