This is a knife I really like, especially for salami and bacon and snacking in general, and you might be vaguely familiar with it. Zwissler seven-bar damascus and bog oak found in a mine near the Bethaus smithy. But for this one I had no sheath, too, and an unreally great evening crafting with propably the best friend I ever had. Thanks, drui, for the great time!
The sheath is top-grain veggie-tanned ;-) leather wet-formed around the knife. I had quite a hard time fitting the knife into it, no preforms you know;-). I really start to like this style of sheath. They are lean, relatively fast (albeit not quite easy:-)) to make and keep the knife in like a cinch, even after they have seen some use.
There´s no inlay, but since there are no seams to be cutten through, this should not pose any problems. I like the rustic look of the front seam, too.
The stitching gets slightly better. I have to carve and tan it some, and then it will be ready to carry,
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
I had used my beloved friction folder pretty hard. For those of you that are new to the blog, I made it several years ago, from a titanium...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
Some time ago I collected some oak galls because I was feeling inspired by medieval scribe culture. I had made the graphite pen holder and ...
-
This is somewhat of an edit of an ancient post from way back then. But as is, the times have changed a lot, and so has my persp...
-
On Saturday, I was privileged to be part of a big issue for me: I was invited to the creremony of Ms. Mondjungs and Jakub´s wedding, whic...
-
So, as I said, the hunt is on, and I like to circle the topic by etymology first. I learned the variant "Knopmes" is still used i...
-
This is a MilTec assault pack, since I could not afford a Tas, for cheap (39€). Loads of Molle loops, hydration pouch (system is not provide...
-
I recently had an opportunity I could not resist;-). I was craving this knife for some 17 years or so, but did not want to spend that much...