I knew I had it somewhere, and after the meeting with Gabriele on the expo I began to look for´t thoroughly. I bought this knife years ago. Karesuando does not make them anymore, more´s the pity, but I got me one when they were still for sale, more´s the joy.;-). Blade´s 84mmx3,2mm 12C27 Swedish stainless steel at roundabout 57HRC, handle´s birch burr with a more subdued grain and reindeer antler. The sheath is made from top-grain cowhide leather with a plastic insert and a very traditional belt loop. The knife is a most comfortable carry and came out of the box razor sharp. Even though the blade shape is more suited for skinning, I find it also makes a decent whittling knife. The hollow grind makes it more suited for little tasks. For hiking around the block and even light camping tasks it´s a good snacking, whittling and allround knife.
I like it.
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
This is somewhat of an edit of an ancient post from way back then. But as is, the times have changed a lot, and so has my persp...
-
I tried out a new recipe with Cornelian Cherry, which are quite abundant this year. They are pretty tangy in flavor, with a nice balance bet...
-
This is a MilTec assault pack, since I could not afford a Tas, for cheap (39€). Loads of Molle loops, hydration pouch (system is not provide...
-
I had used my beloved friction folder pretty hard. For those of you that are new to the blog, I made it several years ago, from a titanium...
-
Now many of you readers expect me to take a stand towards what happened in the political scene worldwide. But you must be mad, and I won´t p...
-
It was some two weeks ago, when I went out on an after-work foraging stroll. Winter cometh;-) as they say, so I´d decided to go look for so...
-
In my relatively...ummmm...vast? . ;-) collection one can find among many others these two knives. For the one below I can safely state t...
-
Now this is the blade I featured some time ago, a not-so-authentic version of the Daco-/Gallo-/ Roman sica knife. Arguably not so authenti...