When I was at Kai´s the other day, he proudly presented me one of his last works, a caplifter for stylishly opening beer bottles. It´s made of mild steel. The torsion is first marked out at both ends with a chisel.
Then four strands are marked out. One strand is decorated with a hacksaw. Only then does Kai do the torsion work.
While the leaf can do with some refinement, I really fell in love with this technique, and have to try that out myself....! Props, mate!
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
I have come to like that steel. Made a blade from an old machining hacksaw from HSS. The steel might not be a great choice for longer blad...
-
The other day I came across some Gunnera and was pretty amazed about the pliability and durability of the fibres. Since there have been som...
-
I had some HSS steel (DMo5) lying around, pre-hardened to 64HRC and gave it a go to make some carving knives from it. Now you often hear t...
-
This is somewhat of an edit of an ancient post from way back then. But as is, the times have changed a lot, and so has my persp...
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
Yesterday, on a ride from a really shitty appointment, I came across some linden trees full of seeds. Took them to the kitchen, cleaned,...
-
Sitting beside the creek, I brought myself some aged yew for a coat hanger. The branch needs to have another branch forking away asymmetri...
-
Several weeks ago I found some green walnuts and wanted to try out to make cordial, schnapps and sweets (black walnuts) from them. The thi...
-
I had used my beloved friction folder pretty hard. For those of you that are new to the blog, I made it several years ago, from a titanium...
-
This is a painting and drawing I made in 2003 or so... it´s wet-on wet with crayons and aquarel colour. And that´s a sketch I made after t...