The other day I went foraging for wild garlic and chicken of the woods, so I figured I should preserve them with salt. Actually having stuff like that in the larder often is the difference between having a halfway decent meal and nothing at all, so it is not just a little cottagecore hobby for me, but a necessity.
I just covered the wild garlic with salt and mixed until oozy, and dried it at 50°C for two hours (until you could easily crush it)..
Also got myself some chicken of the woods. Look here for a Video:
I finely cut up the mushroom and diced it as finely as would go.
I covered with turmeric, allspice, paprica, coriander, cayenne, cumin, salt and pepper.
Dried it at 50°Celsius for two hours.
Covered with salt. I actually vacuumized the glasses, too, just to be sure. If you use it, take good care to boil it into the stew, curry or soup. It is actually delicious and has a rich Umami flavour and literally tastes like chicken. Enjoy!😉
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
So I am in a really fascinating process of recreating the Trollstein knife, a knife that had been found in the glacier melt near Trollstei...
-
Now life´s not at all a cheesecake all the time*ggg*, and you can´t make damascus all the time, so here they come: Three new leaf - handle...
-
On Akiri´s Blog which is a great read in itself, I came across some link he shared. Now I am really fond of Ilkka Seikku´s work. Ilkka is ...
-
Okay, so I had one of those opportunities again. I got myself a Wenger New Ranger Evo Wood CHEAP, so I did buy it. I am a bit off my rock...
-
Birka knife blade [edit: This is not a Birka find, but a Scandinavian iron age design], spring steel, selectively tempered.65x4mm blade. ...
-
I figured I was quite stressed out after work, so what to do? - RIGHT! Off with me into the woods, along paths seldom trodden... with a c...
-
On www.boker.de I came across this knife , which looks quite good on first glance. Steel is a 440C, the blade is not overly thick at 3,9 ...
-
Everyone was raving about that big event going on, staged for 21st December, wait, what was it now, that Maya thing;-), knowharramean?*gg...
-
Okay, you have watched this video already...;-), and it´s just for starters. This project is more and more fascinating me. In Myles Mulk...
-
Okay, here they come.. some progress shots of my Sica, now aptly named Úlenklawe. In my local vicinity there was a special language spoke...








