Take:
500 g wild plum (or common plum for that)
500g sugar or honey
One shot citric acid
4 cl Sherry
One scroll cinnamon
One knifetip cardomom
One knifetip nutmeg
Take the wild plum and quarter the fruit. Put into a pot that can be put in the oven, too. Add the citric acid. let it rest for a day or two, until the sugar is dissolved. Add 2 cl Sherry and mix thoroughly. Let it rest for another day. Cook on very low heat. Remove any foam that builds up (delicious!). Reduce the fruit to mousse while constantly stirring with a wooden spoon. Add water to taste. It will take one hour or some (did not watch the clock too closely;-) for the fruit to completely reduce. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 100 degrees C, turn down the heat again, and open the oven door. Add the finely ground spices and 2 cl Sherry (or more, to your liking). Let the mousse completely reduce at 50 degrees in the oven for about 15 minutes.
This is a traditional German recipe I modified.
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
This weekend, on summer solstice, I met with Jandark and Julia, his really lovely girlfriend. I am happy that he´s finally met someone li...
-
It was a visiting-a-certain-city weekend, and I took the train to Marburg on Saturday morning. Turns out the train would not go and I was ...
-
We were at Drui´s home in Prichsenstadt for holiday, and I was very impressed. Her garden is full of wild herbs and plants and green, and...
-
I made a fox´s head pendant as an amulet. If you´ve read my posts, you know that the fox as an animal means something to me, and I made i...
-
So, this is a belated holiday notification. I have been to Prichsenstadt, Würzburg and marburg, and did I have fun? Boy DID I! And you can...
-
I tend to be bit lazy when leatherwork is concerned, but not because I do not enjoy it. Yesterday I found my resolve and made this belt po...
-
Foraged for boletus and mugwort, and lesser plantain,and sage, lavender, marjoram, willow-herb and the like. The ´shrooms were eaten and ...
-
Okay, this is another unlikely Fimbulmyrk tale.*ggg* On a recent walk I found this knife, deep in the woods, off any path. I left it the...
-
I have been desperately in need to practice my swordsmithing abilities, so after talking to James Elmslie on the sword expo in Solingen l...
-
This is an En-Nep bush knife I made some time ago. Wrought iron / tank bearing laminate, with a resin-impregnated leather wrapping. Ground...