Prepared the wild apple I collected recently. I removed the pips and sliced it into rings and dried it at 50 degrees Celsius in the oven for about 1 hour. You can then hang it on a piece of twine into the sun. After it´s completely dried out (mine was not, and became mouldy:-( ) you can put it in a tin or vacuum box or a sealed plastic bag.
Have to do it all over again, but that´s life.
Makes for a good tea in winter, against digestive problems, heart racing, depression and against mild fever. (Please note that homemade medicine can not be be a substitute for visiting a doctor in serious cases!)
Anyway, it tastes great with cinnamon, cardomom and a tiny bit of ginger and lemon, especially in winter! In summer, a tea with wild apple, salvia and lemon juice can cool you down. They also make for a healthy and tasty snack.
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
So I am in a really fascinating process of recreating the Trollstein knife, a knife that had been found in the glacier melt near Trollstei...
-
On the flea market in Schwelm, where I worked as a member of the organisation team, I found this treasure; a real tribal dagger, which I ...
-
This is a new knife project that is almost entirely courtesy of the woods and the deep earth; it is forged out of ancient spring steel wi...
-
Joel suggested a concoction consisting of linseed oil and iron oxide to tan the sheaths. I had some iron oxide left from etching my damas...
-
At my recent visit to Solingen I also dropped by the Otter knives booth. Now they were very persuasive;-) and I got this beautiful tradit...
-
In my relatively...ummmm...vast? . ;-) collection one can find among many others these two knives. For the one below I can safely state t...
-
Okay, here they come.. some progress shots of my Sica, now aptly named Úlenklawe. In my local vicinity there was a special language spoke...
-
This is a very special knife with a strong historical background. The blade is made from crucible steel I found in the woods and a middle...
-
Nick and Kathrin had called the other day if I´d wanted to come along visiting the nature art EN expo in the Hülsenbecker valley with t...
-
On the Friday of the week before last week I made for Ahlhauser Hammer ironforge and decided to take the bus and walk the final miles. Th...