I had this staff out of yew that served me well for years standing about and I figured it could do with some change. ;-)
So I fitted these ingredients into a hole I drilled into the end. A copper tube filled with felted raw wool / steel wool atop a bit of steel wool, fixed with resin. Atop the module I fitted a crystal I had lying around. The ferrule will go on top, and I will fit copper wire spiral inlays into the handle as well as Haematite "super" magnets, as soon as I come across some that fit and that I can afford, plus some amber. As is, there is a mild effect (it warms in the hand but does not affect water trickles).
I fitted a tiger´s eye agate into the brow of the wood spirit, and some moonstone shards in a light milky green colour for eyes. There will be some blood agates fitted at the sides and the backside, too.
Bling!*ggg*
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Dienstag, 12. Juni 2012
Pimp my staff- Orgonite Orgone module and some encrustation work on my wood spirit hiking staff
Labels:
blood agate,
copper,
copper ferrule,
crystal,
experiment,
hiking staff,
Joseph Beuys,
magic,
orgone Willhelm Reich,
orgonite orgone,
Wood spirit,
wood spirit carving,
yew
Beliebte Posts
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
I had used my beloved friction folder pretty hard. For those of you that are new to the blog, I made it several years ago, from a titanium...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
Some time ago I collected some oak galls because I was feeling inspired by medieval scribe culture. I had made the graphite pen holder and ...
-
This is somewhat of an edit of an ancient post from way back then. But as is, the times have changed a lot, and so has my persp...
-
On Saturday, I was privileged to be part of a big issue for me: I was invited to the creremony of Ms. Mondjungs and Jakub´s wedding, whic...
-
So, as I said, the hunt is on, and I like to circle the topic by etymology first. I learned the variant "Knopmes" is still used i...
-
This is a MilTec assault pack, since I could not afford a Tas, for cheap (39€). Loads of Molle loops, hydration pouch (system is not provide...
-
I recently had an opportunity I could not resist;-). I was craving this knife for some 17 years or so, but did not want to spend that much...