Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Donnerstag, 30. Mai 2024
Hand sanitizer comes in handy.
I daresay we all had enough of it. Personally, I can safely say that the smell of hand sanitizer is no longer anything I can enjoy (maybe because I never did in the first place) 😉.
But actually, the thing is, it belongs into every hiker's, woodsman's and bushcrafter's IFAK. For a lot of reasons, for disinfecting wounds and rashes or cleaning your hands in the first, but you can also use it for starting a fire in the wet.
Fire starting by a trained and certified fire brigade assistant, on private property, with permission and invitation. Fire starting in the woods is illegal in Germany.
Beliebte Posts
-
I am not quite sure how to write this positively. I am currently feeling a bit burned out, not necessarily by smithing, but by the circum...
-
On request I am doing a personal evaluation of a very classic bushcraft combination. The famed Roselli hunter and carpenter´s knife. I pur...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
This is a knife I have owned now for some time, and I realized how much I like it just because it always rides in my pocket, and I actual...
-
At my recent visit to Solingen I also dropped by the Otter knives booth. Now they were very persuasive;-) and I got this beautiful tradit...
-
Bound by copper wire, Bound by iron locks, Bound by golden rivets, In a wooden casket, Wrought with the copper lock, Bound by an iron spell,...
-
On Sunday the folks from the ironforge and myself decided it was some really fine weather to go for some mountainbike ride along som...
-
You all have read my post about the Knifemaker´s Fair in Solingen Klingenmuseum which...
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
On the flea market in Schwelm, where I worked as a member of the organisation team, I found this treasure; a real tribal dagger, which I ...