Donnerstag, 30. Juli 2026

New Slöjd knife from HSS steel

I have come to like that steel.  Made a blade from an old machining hacksaw from HSS.  The steel might not be a great choice for longer blades, but for carving, it really does work a cinch.  Made a simple handle from Yew, just roughed with my trusty Svante Djärv Slöjd.  
I cleaned up the carving with a glass shard.  





 Did a first oil coating. The handle shape is really great for a really distinct feedback for the hand.  Now it is in for some sharpening.  The handle I made a bit beefier than the last one, which aids in hard roughing out work, but is not as precise as the last one.  But that is whining on a very high level.  These little knives can really do a lot.  

Not quite there yet, and quite certainly not the last you have seen about it here.  

Beliebte Posts