Take
a cartload;-), i.e. 500 g of wild plum
a cartload of refined sugar or honey
100 g sloe fruit
8 cl of plum spirit
1 scroll cinnamon
1 knifetip cardomom
1 knifetip nutmeg
1 knifetip black pepper
Cook on low heat for about an hour, until reduced.
Remove the foam constantly, stir constantly.
When reduced, boil to at least 75 degrees Celsius. Add the spice.
Before filling into vacuum jars hot, add the plum spirit, stir thoroughly. When filled in, turn the jars upside down for about five minutes. Let rest to cool.
Oh, and those are some of my exploits of the last weeks: Apple gelée, blackberry jam, elderberry gelée.... winter will be rich this year, and I am right grateful for it.;-)
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
On the flea market in Schwelm, where I worked as a member of the organisation team, I found this treasure; a real tribal dagger, which I ...
-
In my relatively...ummmm...vast? . ;-) collection one can find among many others these two knives. For the one below I can safely state t...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
Joel suggested a concoction consisting of linseed oil and iron oxide to tan the sheaths. I had some iron oxide left from etching my damas...
-
I recently got some new shoes. I have long considered making my own mocassins, but wasn´t able to get decent aftermarket soles. Of course...
-
Ice was gathering up on my window, and the beams cracked with cold; and the woods did call me to give me lessons of life. So I walked awa...
-
Just a quick update on what is up to now: Arm ring from table cutlery... Another one from bronze... This one I found in the fores...
-
This is a new knife project that is almost entirely courtesy of the woods and the deep earth; it is forged out of ancient spring steel wi...
-
The term skóggángr refers to being in the forest for exile. It has an affinity to spirituality, survival and martial arts, and I have establ...
-
It is happening again. It would be a laughing matter if it happened to someone else, but as is, I am not quite sure about it. For I am ...