This is the little damascus utility I made at Volker´s smithy. It´s made from Zwissler seven-bar damascus, tank cannon, tank bearing and 1.2842. Blade is 9,5 cm long. The handle is made out of some wood Viktor gave to me: 250 year old oak that lay submerged in rusty water in an abandoned iron mine. It is hard as metal (you can carve fir wood with it...;-)), polishes like a cinch and I love the red colour it shows.
Top is the Kopis I made in the Industriemueum smithy on Sunday, polished and with the bolster fitted.
Etching detail of the damascus pattern. Yap, those ARE slag marks in there, and YAP, I am NOT proud of it;-). I look forward to the knife nonetheless. I think I will fit a handle of the red bog oak Viktor gave to me and do some knotwork carving or spiral patterns on it... but we will see...
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
On the flea market in Schwelm, where I worked as a member of the organisation team, I found this treasure; a real tribal dagger, which I ...
-
In my relatively...ummmm...vast? . ;-) collection one can find among many others these two knives. For the one below I can safely state t...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
Joel suggested a concoction consisting of linseed oil and iron oxide to tan the sheaths. I had some iron oxide left from etching my damas...
-
I recently got some new shoes. I have long considered making my own mocassins, but wasn´t able to get decent aftermarket soles. Of course...
-
Ice was gathering up on my window, and the beams cracked with cold; and the woods did call me to give me lessons of life. So I walked awa...
-
Just a quick update on what is up to now: Arm ring from table cutlery... Another one from bronze... This one I found in the fores...
-
This is a new knife project that is almost entirely courtesy of the woods and the deep earth; it is forged out of ancient spring steel wi...
-
The term skóggángr refers to being in the forest for exile. It has an affinity to spirituality, survival and martial arts, and I have establ...
-
It is happening again. It would be a laughing matter if it happened to someone else, but as is, I am not quite sure about it. For I am ...