Views last month

Dienstag, 21. April 2015

Viking Bling;-)

 I guess it has happened.:-) I have fallen in love with Viking bling.

I got a bit of fur and a silver cup for the magic troll (you know, vikingsgángr...;-))
 And I have tried something new: Silverworking and jewellery. Certainly not as eloquent as the magic troll´s work, but I am still learning:-). This is a "shot spoon". Little archaeological evidence has been found concerning this valuable tool. But it is very practical to have on a re-enactment fair. Just imagine someone brings out the well-seasoned whisky and you have none;-).
 I made it from an old spoon. It was annealed and then drawn out to get deeper and rounder, and I forged a swan´s neck to hold the two-in two byzantine chain [edit]: This type of chain was also popular with the Pictish peoples abroad. This one is made from brass wire.
 Plus, I got the small Rus replica finished and tested it, which was a disappointment at best. Chopping antler dented the blade, and the hindmost part towards the handle is so soft it just so carves mild steel. Doh.
But overall, I like this new obsession;-).

Kommentare:

  1. And you did wonderfully!
    Very nice work indeed.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, Ron. It feels good to do something new!

      Löschen
  2. Yeah, that's what it should look like when a man goes rai...ahem, shopping. ;)

    AntwortenLöschen

Now go on, discuss and rant and push my ego;-). As long as it´s a respectful message, every comment is welcome!

Beliebte Posts