I rummaged through the shelves at my mother´s home recently and found this multitool that sat in the pocket of my laid father wherever he went. Philips head and flat head screwdrivers, awl, rasp, file, and I remember a saw and knifeblade also, but those are lost.
Stored in the hollow handle... the handle is made from translucent yellow plastic, which is ugly, but that was the style in those days...
This is how the tools are being mounted. A bronze holder with two kinds of slots for different tools. The tools have notches that fit in the slots. Simple as that. I dream of making something like that that is more pleasing to the eye and hand, but as is, this tool will find a place on my crane bag.
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
On the flea market in Schwelm, where I worked as a member of the organisation team, I found this treasure; a real tribal dagger, which I ...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
In my relatively...ummmm...vast? . ;-) collection one can find among many others these two knives. For the one below I can safely state t...
-
Joel suggested a concoction consisting of linseed oil and iron oxide to tan the sheaths. I had some iron oxide left from etching my damas...
-
I recently got some new shoes. I have long considered making my own mocassins, but wasn´t able to get decent aftermarket soles. Of course...
-
Ice was gathering up on my window, and the beams cracked with cold; and the woods did call me to give me lessons of life. So I walked awa...
-
It is that time of year again when I tend to get in somewhat of a frenzy. It has been a long time ago that I started to forage for at lea...
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
Birka knife blade [edit: This is not a Birka find, but a Scandinavian iron age design], spring steel, selectively tempered.65x4mm blade. ...
-
This is a knife I have owned now for some time, and I realized how much I like it just because it always rides in my pocket, and I actual...