I met Volker the other day at the Bethaus smithy to have a chat about the oncoming season and had the opportunity to do some quick forging, and that´s what came out (top to bottom): Leaf handle knife (spring steel), little teenie weenie whittling seven-bar damascus (tank bearing, tank cannon), and an integral En-Nep from silver steel.
I also had quite a bit of good natured talk with Volker. Missed you, dude!
The damascus blade cried: I want to be made! on top of its lungs, so I set to work immediately;-). Stag antler, and the coin shows how small the blade is.
Made a sheath for it with some jewellry.
The antler, tanned.
The spine varies from 0,8 to 2,4 mm in thickness.
I fitted a stone I found on the banks of the river Rhine for jewelry... like the colour.
The other side of the blade.
overall details...
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
On the flea market in Schwelm, where I worked as a member of the organisation team, I found this treasure; a real tribal dagger, which I ...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
In my relatively...ummmm...vast? . ;-) collection one can find among many others these two knives. For the one below I can safely state t...
-
Joel suggested a concoction consisting of linseed oil and iron oxide to tan the sheaths. I had some iron oxide left from etching my damas...
-
I recently got some new shoes. I have long considered making my own mocassins, but wasn´t able to get decent aftermarket soles. Of course...
-
Ice was gathering up on my window, and the beams cracked with cold; and the woods did call me to give me lessons of life. So I walked awa...
-
It is that time of year again when I tend to get in somewhat of a frenzy. It has been a long time ago that I started to forage for at lea...
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
Birka knife blade [edit: This is not a Birka find, but a Scandinavian iron age design], spring steel, selectively tempered.65x4mm blade. ...
-
This is a knife I have owned now for some time, and I realized how much I like it just because it always rides in my pocket, and I actual...