On Friday Ma-ha-Ih-Ei-Le - Ride started again (Mann-habt-Ihr-Ein-Leben-Tour: "Boy-do-you-have-a-life", because it starts at a time when normal people have to work;-)) this time it was all about technical trail riding, and I met with Jandark, Maxvader and Daniel to session some trails, and I thought I´d post some pics of the beutiful scenery. There are loads of castles around these parts, mostly ruins, but in the periphery of Hagen, the place where I live, are roundabout 15 castles and towers alone. We rode to the top of the hill overlooking the Ruhr valley. This is Max, who gave us a right beating up the hill!
Looking over the Ruhr valley. The Ruhr valley is a site of many big-term business and production sites, with many inhabitants. It always amazes me, though, that there´s still a load of green left.
This is Hohensyburg castle, a ruin dating back to the early medieval ages but built on most ancient foundations, presumably dating back to the neolithic age. Certainly a fascinating place!
...
Jan and Daniel coming finally, too;-).
Max with mischief in mind;-).
Riding through history.... erm, was that hysteria?*ggg*.
Daniel showing off...
Yours truly having some fun with ancient stairs...
...
...
Those are the remnants of an ancient chimney / oven construction.
...
...
Near the ruin there also is a monument for the Reichsgründung, the founding of Germany from many small countries on 18th January of 1871. Huge. Megalomanic. Pruzzian. Militaristic. But the view is quite nice from there...
We rode down the technical trail and I even mastered my arch-enemy-key-section.
This is an older vid from Zee Aylienz Youtube channel showing Jandark riding it. Jan certainly got the gist on technical riding. Makes me proud, sort of, for I took him on his first outings some-was that 15 years ago???... But then he rode on a rigid bike with slicks then, and it all came quite naturally to him. Guess he´s simply got some talent even I could not ruin entirely;-)...
I love outings like these. History, great company, good weather, and trail riding. Perfect fun.
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
I tried out a new recipe with Cornelian Cherry, which are quite abundant this year. They are pretty tangy in flavor, with a nice balance bet...
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
On a recent hike I came across a really nice specimen of chicken of the woods (laetiporous sulphurea, in German: Schwefelporling), grown on ...
-
This is somewhat of an edit of an ancient post from way back then. But as is, the times have changed a lot, and so has my persp...
-
Now many of you readers expect me to take a stand towards what happened in the political scene worldwide. But you must be mad, and I won´t p...
-
Now this is the blade I featured some time ago, a not-so-authentic version of the Daco-/Gallo-/ Roman sica knife. Arguably not so authenti...
-
So, as I said, the hunt is on, and I like to circle the topic by etymology first. I learned the variant "Knopmes" is still used i...
-
Then I met with Peter Pfaffinger, and this was a right pleasure and a privilege to boot. Peter makes "Drudenmesser", tradi...
-
Okay, I admit it. I am a geardo. I am an inconsequent asshole jibbering and jabbering about going simple and then going along and buyin...