Donnerstag, 8. Juni 2017

Progress on my "Grosses Messer"

I just thought to give you some WIP pics of my "Grosses" Messer. The blade is all quenched now, selectively tempered (edge and half the spine).
The wrought iron guard is roughly filed and waiting to be polished, etched and polished and etched... ;-).
The spine edge is sharpened now. Balance point (CoB) is some 8cm from the guard with the guard fitted, which is causing me quite some pain in the arse, for there has to be the Nagel still fitted and some elk antler scales which are not the lightest, too, and I originally wanted to fit a pommel or at least a sheet of wrought iron to the end... still a lot to learn, but this is a good thing!

I want to thank Lukas Mästle-Goer a lot, who is hinting out a lot and helping me with the progress! Being a professional swordsmith and trained HEMA swordsman, he gave me a lot of valuable input on balance and percussion.

Anyway, I look forward to the outcome!


Beliebte Posts