Views last month

Mittwoch, 1. Juli 2015

New mocassins

Summer´s well here and I thought I´d get myself some new mocassins. Except for the sole, I made them from recycling leather from old couches and handbags. The sole is 3mm vegetable tanned oxhide leather and self-soling repair rubber which is simply glued on. Due to the sole taking shape of your foot this is not THAT ideal. After a recent 25 km-hike I had to reglue them, because the movement of the muscles on the soles of your feet makes them come apart, so I have to come up with another solution... but I have some cooking up at the moment.

So... again... stay tuned!;-)

Kommentare:

  1. Those look great! I'm on the brink of making my first pair. Just need a kickstart...

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. KICK! START!:-D It´s not as complicated as it may seem at first. Getting them right takes some time (I am not quite there myself), but serviceable can be managed at first try. I like to use recycled leather for the first tries, so there´d be no harm done if it goes awry a bit. I want to try shoe goop (sole in a jar) for one of my next ones... I daresay you´d get that way easier than myself, and it will make the whole thing far more durable.

    I look forward to your approach!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Thanks for the suggestions. I imagine getting the pattern right takes trial and error.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Try putting on three pairs of socks. Wrap the outer in duct tape, and cut it apart in the style you want, and transfer the pattern on cardboard...

    AntwortenLöschen

Now go on, discuss and rant and push my ego;-). As long as it´s a respectful message, every comment is welcome!

Beliebte Posts