Foraged for boletus and mugwort, and lesser plantain,and sage, lavender, marjoram, willow-herb and the like. The ´shrooms were eaten and dried (no secrets), and from the lesser plantain (plantago lanceolata, in German: Spitzwegerich) I made some syrup concoction.
First I chopped the leaves and blossoms coarsely. I added as much honey as was needed to completely cover the leaves entirely, one shot of citric acid and 2 cl of a special liqueur (mainly consisting of spruce hips, honey, lemon juice, sage, thyme, and brandy.
Now I will leave it to rest for some three days in the sun, then six weeks in the dark.
Left to right: Lavender, sage, and marjoram stored to dry.
Left to right: St. John´s wort, common yarrow, willow - herb to dry, willow herb in a cotton bag to ferment, tussilago farfara (coughwort), chamomile,
....lady´s mantle, sage, common yarrow. In the jar there´s wild garlic oil. The herbs are, for the most part, already dried, and await to be put away in tins and boxes.
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Donnerstag, 2. August 2012
NOMMM? - OMNOMNOMMNOMM!!!! - my apothecary and treasure vault
Labels:
Boletus,
chamomile,
common yarrow,
coughwort,
Knifemaking Tribal Smithing Bushcraft Survival Mushroom Hunting,
lady´s mantle,
mushrooms,
planatgo lanceolata,
plantago officinalis
Beliebte Posts
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
This is somewhat of an edit of an ancient post from way back then. But as is, the times have changed a lot, and so has my persp...
-
This is a MilTec assault pack, since I could not afford a Tas, for cheap (39€). Loads of Molle loops, hydration pouch (system is not provide...
-
I had used my beloved friction folder pretty hard. For those of you that are new to the blog, I made it several years ago, from a titanium...
-
It was some two weeks ago, when I went out on an after-work foraging stroll. Winter cometh;-) as they say, so I´d decided to go look for so...
-
The other day I rode out to my favourite creek to do some dipping and crafting, and I got some... nooootions. 😉 You know, my beloved mag...
-
The other day I came across some Gunnera and was pretty amazed about the pliability and durability of the fibres. Since there have been som...
-
So, as I said, the hunt is on, and I like to circle the topic by etymology first. I learned the variant "Knopmes" is still used i...
-
I tried out a new recipe with Cornelian Cherry, which are quite abundant this year. They are pretty tangy in flavor, with a nice balance bet...