Okay, this is another unlikely Fimbulmyrk tale.*ggg*
On a recent walk I found this knife, deep in the woods, off any path. I left it there first. Then I put it at the trailhead with a note for the owner to find it. Then I put it on the ladder of a hunting stand that was standing in the periphery and found out about the owner of the hunting area and contacted him. Noone missed this knife. I called the local police station to ask if this was okay, and they laughed at me. I was getting nervous from greed;-), but I was resolved to give the owner a chance to find his baby again. Turns out several days passed and nothing happened, so I took it home. Now it has seen some modifications ( a false edge and a more bushcrafty grind). The handle was in somewhat of a sorry state, too, as was the sheath, so I gave it a Puma sheath I had lying around (and will make one, too, but for now it will do) and polished the handle some (it has got Micarta scales). The blade is flat-ground 440C, and I like it very much.
It´s funny. I keep finding things...*ggg* the forest has always provided for me.
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
This is somewhat of an edit of an ancient post from way back then. But as is, the times have changed a lot, and so has my persp...
-
This is a MilTec assault pack, since I could not afford a Tas, for cheap (39€). Loads of Molle loops, hydration pouch (system is not provide...
-
I had used my beloved friction folder pretty hard. For those of you that are new to the blog, I made it several years ago, from a titanium...
-
It was some two weeks ago, when I went out on an after-work foraging stroll. Winter cometh;-) as they say, so I´d decided to go look for so...
-
The other day I rode out to my favourite creek to do some dipping and crafting, and I got some... nooootions. 😉 You know, my beloved mag...
-
The other day I came across some Gunnera and was pretty amazed about the pliability and durability of the fibres. Since there have been som...
-
So, as I said, the hunt is on, and I like to circle the topic by etymology first. I learned the variant "Knopmes" is still used i...
-
I tried out a new recipe with Cornelian Cherry, which are quite abundant this year. They are pretty tangy in flavor, with a nice balance bet...