Apologies to Mr. Hochstein, who mailed me some months ago to inform me about his new site.As it goes, I had my mind on many other things and simply forgot to feature him, which I promised. So here it is, and did I enjoy it? BOY, did I!:-)
Click here to get there, and to appetize you a bit, here´s one I like a lot:
Leather work he also makes in quite a superb quality:
And here´s a pic of a great folding knife many would kill for:
I hope to meet him and his father on the Jagd und Hund Expo, which will take place in Dortmund in February!
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
On the flea market in Schwelm, where I worked as a member of the organisation team, I found this treasure; a real tribal dagger, which I ...
-
In my relatively...ummmm...vast? . ;-) collection one can find among many others these two knives. For the one below I can safely state t...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
Joel suggested a concoction consisting of linseed oil and iron oxide to tan the sheaths. I had some iron oxide left from etching my damas...
-
I recently got some new shoes. I have long considered making my own mocassins, but wasn´t able to get decent aftermarket soles. Of course...
-
Just a quick update on what is up to now: Arm ring from table cutlery... Another one from bronze... This one I found in the fores...
-
This is a new knife project that is almost entirely courtesy of the woods and the deep earth; it is forged out of ancient spring steel wi...
-
The term skóggángr refers to being in the forest for exile. It has an affinity to spirituality, survival and martial arts, and I have establ...
-
It is happening again. It would be a laughing matter if it happened to someone else, but as is, I am not quite sure about it. For I am ...
-
This is a recent experiment I made.. it started as a bush knife with a socket construction... I did a quick linen wrapping and stabilized...