I was rummaging through the interweb when I came across Old Jimbo´s site, where I found this one knife:
Plus some material on George Washington Sears tools and some basic information on the guy... so Old Jimbo might forgive me for stealing his pic, because I strongly encourage;-) you to have a look there... I liked it, and yap, I still have that ancient sawblade lying around....;-)... The knife is made by Dale Chudzinski, hailing from Madrid, Co. New York, USA. Click here to get to his website.
The maker appears to have disappeared somehow;-), though, so I´d guess you´d better make your own or I suggest you contact some special reader of my blog ;-)
who makes them also;-), and well, by hand in the UK...guess those are three challenges at once ARR!ARR!ARR!*ggg*.
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
On the flea market in Schwelm, where I worked as a member of the organisation team, I found this treasure; a real tribal dagger, which I ...
-
In my relatively...ummmm...vast? . ;-) collection one can find among many others these two knives. For the one below I can safely state t...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
Joel suggested a concoction consisting of linseed oil and iron oxide to tan the sheaths. I had some iron oxide left from etching my damas...
-
I recently got some new shoes. I have long considered making my own mocassins, but wasn´t able to get decent aftermarket soles. Of course...
-
Just a quick update on what is up to now: Arm ring from table cutlery... Another one from bronze... This one I found in the fores...
-
This is a new knife project that is almost entirely courtesy of the woods and the deep earth; it is forged out of ancient spring steel wi...
-
The term skóggángr refers to being in the forest for exile. It has an affinity to spirituality, survival and martial arts, and I have establ...
-
It is happening again. It would be a laughing matter if it happened to someone else, but as is, I am not quite sure about it. For I am ...
-
This is a recent experiment I made.. it started as a bush knife with a socket construction... I did a quick linen wrapping and stabilized...