Mittwoch, 25. Januar 2012

The "Dothoppers" live in concert at Molly Malone´s Irish Pub in Marburg

On Saturday the magic troll was being on air with her folk band in her living room, "Molly Malone´s Irish Pub" in Marburg, and, what can I say, duty called, so what could I do? It is a hard job, but someone´s got to do it: Drink all that beer and have all that fun... Now Molly Malone´s is a very great and special place indeed, and not only for the lovely Guiness and whiskeees, but for the music and the people. Alfred, who´s the lord of that place, certainly is a very impressive personality. We did not talk much, but he simply has that air about him not many people have. Hard to explain, but I felt he took my full measure with one look - at least he tried to;-).
 And this person certainly is one of the very few people in my life really knowing me, and being a true friend for me I will not want to miss anymore. You might know her, for she´s the one with that blog here. I guess we keep learning from each other, and that´s a great thing for sure, and we already walked through some very beautiful adventures.



 ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! Time´s closing in;-). We were there rather in time, and there was some time left for a beer and some weird jokes.
 









That´s Alfred, the innkeeper. Wasn´t too fond of me shooting all those pics at first, but I guess he warmed up to it;-). If you ever are in Marburg, visit that place, it´s well worth it, and NO, noone paid me to say so;-). There are many great musicians playing there. Just take a look at their homepage!








Then it was some setting up the stage, some tiny practice and  the soundcheck.
And then it commenced... I had a great time with all the music, really played with heart and soul.

They are certainly having a head start. Their music´s simply got that little charming piece of personality, and they simply have a great way of playing. They do it for fun, and it shows in their music and how they act with the audience. Good music, good humour, and it seems I am getting involved into that arse over tit;-) as the saying goes.
...
,,,soundcheck...



 ...
 Mind you, we even had a beer!
 ...or two..
 ...or three...











Andy and Daisy Reilly...erm the magic troll havin´a beer...*ggg*
 Havin´fun!
 ...
 ...
 ...
 ...
 ...ummm...I lost cound, it was five, was it?*ggg*
 ...
 ...
 ...
 ...
 ...
 ...
 ...
 ...
 ...
 ...
It was a very great evening, and we went to the magic troll´s place with quite a feeling of satisfaction and a good fill. Great people again, and oh, if you read this, Erika, Andy, Roland, Hans-Jürgen and Peter, Alfred, Beate and all those others, guests and fans and passers-by on board that evening: Feel free to copy the photos for your own use, provided you give a bit of credit to the Dothoppers, Molly Malone´s and this weirdo here, if you use them in public. 

A vid will come soon...

Beliebte Posts