Sonntag, 30. Juni 2019

The beast in cutting: First test of the Nepal Khukuri House Seax

I had asked Ambar to show my faithful readers something about the performance of the new seax we made in collaboration with https://nepalkhukurihouse.com/ and one of the finest retailers for knifemaking supplies, Scandinavian knives, bushcraft and camping equipment and fine art in Germany, www.nordisches-handwerk.de. While not exactly period and thusly maybe not the museum reenactors piece of cake, this knife is specially made to tailor the needs of anyone in need of a knife that can handle the rigors of a reenactment camp, a bushcraft outing or generalwork around the woods, the house and the garden.

Some of you might ask, what´s up with that old fart Fimbulmyrk doing advertising now? And those who know me know that I am not off my rocker for anything that does not fit my bill. This does, and I do this because I am convinced of the quality.It has always been a pain in the arse for me to see all these seaxes on reenactment fairs with more than modest quality. And of course you might say, K!, that guy´s cutting a bit of paper, so what, I have to cut through deer ribcages all of the time and need a knife for that. But these knives come checked for Rockwell hardness, and the Khuks come with 55HRC ABOVE the edge. If you know how a Khukuri is tempered, you know that the edge will be a lot harder still.

Also, both partners are working hard ona  sustainable partnership and fair shares for both parties. I am convinced, and I hope to be able to get myself one soon for testing. So,even if I am a bit behind schedule with my blog this year (apologies, folks! ;-) I have been through somewhat of a rough time...) - watch this place, this story is to be continued!

Beliebte Posts