Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2024

Carving a bone needle

I had decided to make a neck pouch from the Amadou I recently harvested,  and I thought, well,  why not make it a challenge and make it with stuff procured in the woods. I still had that hare rib, so I decided to make a needle from it. Sourced ethically,  by the way,  taken with permission. 

I drilled the hole first with the awl of my trusty Victorinox Outrider. Take care not to apply too much pressure,  the material cracks easily. 
Carving the sides,  really carefully, I actually reverted to a fine sandstone. Make sure to get rid of all the marrow and to remove all the dents and nicks. 

 Et voilà....bone needle. 


Not sure about the twine,  though. I am not good at that sort of stuff,  so I will maybe just take twine I have. But we will see how it all turns out. Maybe some nettles...we will see. 

Beliebte Posts