Now this is a geardo post. I am not above some fit of manic shopping from time to time, and I actually do not ven have to forage for food this month because of money shortage... feels good for a change. I travelled to my love´s home in Marburg to meet with her and her father, Erich the viking;-) to go to Münzenberg medieval fair. All in all, the fair was a great one with meetings with Jonny, the mad harpist, and his wife, with great conversations and meetings with great people, and I got me some material. Clockwise: Ram´s horn scales from the Solingen expo still, elk antler, roe antler for a pendant, roe antler, a nice tomahawk, roe antler, a beautiful pieve of flint, more elk antler, and reindeer antler from the Solingen expo.
And these goodies I got from my lovely lovely love, the magic troll. A skull cap in Naalbindning technique, new viking shoes that could do well even at work, and some hand-knitted socks. She makes them for you,too, if you´d ask her nicely enough or have something equally nice;-) to trade. Look here for her blog!
I really like those shoes, handmade and all.
Brass shoe nails, nice. I´ll put some rubber on, though, the soles would be a bit slippery on the grass.
And, finally, I got me some handmade glass jewellry to go on knife lanyards. Beautiful, and awesomely made-and authentical in the bargain!
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
I had used my beloved friction folder pretty hard. For those of you that are new to the blog, I made it several years ago, from a titanium...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
Some time ago I collected some oak galls because I was feeling inspired by medieval scribe culture. I had made the graphite pen holder and ...
-
This is somewhat of an edit of an ancient post from way back then. But as is, the times have changed a lot, and so has my persp...
-
The other day I rode out to my favourite creek to do some dipping and crafting, and I got some... nooootions. 😉 You know, my beloved mag...
-
On Saturday, I was privileged to be part of a big issue for me: I was invited to the creremony of Ms. Mondjungs and Jakub´s wedding, whic...
-
So, as I said, the hunt is on, and I like to circle the topic by etymology first. I learned the variant "Knopmes" is still used i...
-
This is a MilTec assault pack, since I could not afford a Tas, for cheap (39€). Loads of Molle loops, hydration pouch (system is not provide...