On 21st of March, Volker and myself willl do a blacksmithing demo and an action against racism and fascism on Georg Agricola University Bochum campus.
Visitors will forge a double swan´s neck chain link that will hopefully become a long chain that we will present to the university as a symbol of unity of cultures.
If you are near, don´t hesitate to drop by and do some forging against hate and ultimately against the rout of mankind.
Racism exists in all cultures, but there is one simple phrase that could extinguish all of it, if only people would realize:
The earth is round.
Everything comes full circle. Everything you do will come back to you. You can do what you want, as long as you do no harm. If you have to do harm, do twice good. If you hurt someone, heal in turn.
And as this is so, the chain will become full circle to symbolize the eternal brotherhood of man, blessed by iron, fire and wind, by earth and water.
And iron will prevail.
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
I had used my beloved friction folder pretty hard. For those of you that are new to the blog, I made it several years ago, from a titanium...
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
This is somewhat of an edit of an ancient post from way back then. But as is, the times have changed a lot, and so has my persp...
-
This is a MilTec assault pack, since I could not afford a Tas, for cheap (39€). Loads of Molle loops, hydration pouch (system is not provide...
-
I am not quite sure how to write this positively. I am currently feeling a bit burned out, not necessarily by smithing, but by the circum...
-
The other day I rode out to my favourite creek to do some dipping and crafting, and I got some... nooootions. 😉 You know, my beloved mag...
-
It was some two weeks ago, when I went out on an after-work foraging stroll. Winter cometh;-) as they say, so I´d decided to go look for so...
-
Some time ago I collected some oak galls because I was feeling inspired by medieval scribe culture. I had made the graphite pen holder and ...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...