I visited the magic troll last weekend. It has been quite some time, and I deeply regret that, but life is not always good to us. It felt simply good to spend time with the person I love most in the world, but that is private;-). Anyway, we went for a bimble in the sunny hills above her home and simply enjoyed each other´s company and the weather and nature which is slowly awakening from a long winter´s slumber.
A pale winter sun still, but a sun it was, and it warmed our souls. We silently, smilingly wandered through this wonderful light and into the forest.
This ancient spruce stood beside the trail,
... and in the hedge there was this abandoned bird´s nest.
The sun went lower, and over MUDDY;-) puddles and leftover snow we came to a bench beside the trail...
And the magic troll was so excited to take a break she had to dance out of joy!!!!*ggg*
We sat there snuggled together, had a cuppa tea from our wooden pints;-) and enjoyed a beautiful sunset. As we sat there, we observed a fox strolling by on his own business, seemingly completely ignorant to the fact that there were a lot of people around. My favourite person made some photos, and watch her blog for ´em!
As the light drew to a close, we observed a herd of roe deer in the distance, grazing there unscathed by our presence, too. It was a very energizing outing again.
We have to do that again soon!;-)
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Donnerstag, 7. März 2013
Beliebte Posts
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
This is somewhat of an edit of an ancient post from way back then. But as is, the times have changed a lot, and so has my persp...
-
This is a MilTec assault pack, since I could not afford a Tas, for cheap (39€). Loads of Molle loops, hydration pouch (system is not provide...
-
I had used my beloved friction folder pretty hard. For those of you that are new to the blog, I made it several years ago, from a titanium...
-
It was some two weeks ago, when I went out on an after-work foraging stroll. Winter cometh;-) as they say, so I´d decided to go look for so...
-
The other day I rode out to my favourite creek to do some dipping and crafting, and I got some... nooootions. 😉 You know, my beloved mag...
-
The other day I came across some Gunnera and was pretty amazed about the pliability and durability of the fibres. Since there have been som...
-
So, as I said, the hunt is on, and I like to circle the topic by etymology first. I learned the variant "Knopmes" is still used i...
-
I tried out a new recipe with Cornelian Cherry, which are quite abundant this year. They are pretty tangy in flavor, with a nice balance bet...