I was fortunate to get myself a beverage tin can with a sturdy enough thickness. So I figured I´d give those tin cups a go myself. I was inspired by keith from woodsrunersdiary. Check out his blog, if you haven´t already, it´s a must read for any bushcrafter and historical trekker, if you ask me!
I removed the lid with my new whittler.
...done.
...and this is what the blade looked like after that abuse;-). I had a very flat convex bevel on it for woodcarving, but it looks like something went right with the tempering;-). Tiny damage, but still shaving sharp. Makes me proud, somewhat...:-)
Now ready for action. Have to widen the mouth a bit to fix a handle to´t...:-) and we´ll see what the forge says to the project...
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2012
Working on a tin cup
Beliebte Posts
-
On request I am doing a personal evaluation of a very classic bushcraft combination. The famed Roselli hunter and carpenter´s knife. I pur...
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
On Sunday the folks from the ironforge and myself decided it was some really fine weather to go for some mountainbike ride along som...
-
Some time ago I collected some oak galls because I was feeling inspired by medieval scribe culture. I had made the graphite pen holder and ...
-
I am not quite sure how to write this positively. I am currently feeling a bit burned out, not necessarily by smithing, but by the circum...
-
Bound by copper wire, Bound by iron locks, Bound by golden rivets, In a wooden casket, Wrought with the copper lock, Bound by an iron spell,...
-
Again I felt this urge again. I had to get out, out into a world where things are just what they are. Where a fact is a fact and Amsterda...
-
This is a knife I have owned now for some time, and I realized how much I like it just because it always rides in my pocket, and I actual...
-
On Friday it was ruckus in the smithy again. I wanted to come early to have a chance to pursue my own projects, but to little effect. Jul...