Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Freitag, 22. Juli 2011
Something to twist your brain a bit;-) Kris Holm Freeride video
Now it was a while ago when I came across this lad in a "New world disorder" mountainbike video. I have been doing quite my share of riding recently, mostly on bike lanes, but also on some singletrails open to access and some legal freeride trails around these parts, and I have got the bug again. I now ride for 26 years, very hard at times. I have seen my share of craziness, shooting photos for Jochen Buchholz and carrying the water flask for him, working as a race / festival mechanic for Veltec corporation and riding with the likes of Elmar Keineke and Heiko Hirzbruch, who come from Hagen, where I live. Thusly, I am not necessarily a stranger to some weird riding skills, and someone doing a bunnyhop over a park bench does not amaze me much, even if I respect that. (A bunnyhop is a jump with no ramp whatsoever that uses the principles of pulling and pushing to air the bike and it´s quite practical either in the woods or in the city)
But this guy takes the cake of driving me insane, really. It actually humbles anything I ever did. Now this is not primarily a mountainbike blog, but I simply had to post this...;-) It´s on the North Shore near Vancouver, where there is an abundance of legal trails like these, and mountain bike riding simply belongs to the outdoor lifestyle of people - as do trail maintenance sessions with having a beer afterwards;-)
If you want to try extreme mountainbike riding, make sure you have got an appropriate bike. Always ride sensibly and use appropriate safety gear. You might also want to seek out a professional instructor before trying any stunts. Kris Holm is a highly talented and even more so highly trained professional rider. Plus he seems to have bones of steel, because even he DID fall. I do not recommend you try any of this at home!
Do not build any stunts illegally. It´s not okay for the woods, and for owners and hunters and hikers no less, and it spoils the good impression people work hard on to establish and in the long run it leads to banned trail access. Join a local initiative, go the long walk. If there´s none, found one.
And don´t forget the reason we all ride: To be out in the beautiful surrounding of nature. Have some good plain fun, but give something back.
Over and out;-).
Beliebte Posts
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
I had used my beloved friction folder pretty hard. For those of you that are new to the blog, I made it several years ago, from a titanium...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
Some time ago I collected some oak galls because I was feeling inspired by medieval scribe culture. I had made the graphite pen holder and ...
-
This is somewhat of an edit of an ancient post from way back then. But as is, the times have changed a lot, and so has my persp...
-
On Saturday, I was privileged to be part of a big issue for me: I was invited to the creremony of Ms. Mondjungs and Jakub´s wedding, whic...
-
So, as I said, the hunt is on, and I like to circle the topic by etymology first. I learned the variant "Knopmes" is still used i...
-
This is a MilTec assault pack, since I could not afford a Tas, for cheap (39€). Loads of Molle loops, hydration pouch (system is not provide...
-
I recently had an opportunity I could not resist;-). I was craving this knife for some 17 years or so, but did not want to spend that much...