Last weekend we worked for Volker at a crafts fair he organized. We didn´t get any payment, but a lot of great food and even more fun out of it and a chance to actually play around a bit again;-). A small utility with runes on, reading:
UBARWARI
(I defend against Evil, after an actual find) and
GALD(r)TE(ju)
(I bring magic)
I hit my fingers two times while engraving, so, mind you, the runes are baptized in blood!;-)
Made this hot punch for Volker. Punch is file steel, handle is iron.
Daniel had a go at this kitchen knife from a BIG file. Great spiral, one of the first he managed. He´s always getting better, and I like that fact very much.
We put ourselves to the challenge to make a fire with wet tinder;-) we found in the woods nearby.
We worked with children both days, making handprints in airdrying clay. Was a bit messy, for we had no tools. So we had to whittle them;-).
Kids were coming continuously, but sparsely, so no stress at all, and we had fun, as had the kids apparently.
Fuzz stick to light a fire with wet tinder;-).
And we got the fire going! Had several tries, though, but we would not go hungry and cold in the woods;-).
Degasing wood on top of the fire.
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
On the flea market in Schwelm, where I worked as a member of the organisation team, I found this treasure; a real tribal dagger, which I ...
-
So I am in a really fascinating process of recreating the Trollstein knife, a knife that had been found in the glacier melt near Trollstei...
-
This is a new knife project that is almost entirely courtesy of the woods and the deep earth; it is forged out of ancient spring steel wi...
-
At my recent visit to Solingen I also dropped by the Otter knives booth. Now they were very persuasive;-) and I got this beautiful tradit...
-
In my relatively...ummmm...vast? . ;-) collection one can find among many others these two knives. For the one below I can safely state t...
-
Okay, here they come.. some progress shots of my Sica, now aptly named Úlenklawe. In my local vicinity there was a special language spoke...
-
This is a very special knife with a strong historical background. The blade is made from crucible steel I found in the woods and a middle...
-
Nick and Kathrin had called the other day if I´d wanted to come along visiting the nature art EN expo in the Hülsenbecker valley with t...
-
On the Friday of the week before last week I made for Ahlhauser Hammer ironforge and decided to take the bus and walk the final miles. Th...
-
After a really shitty day at work I almost ran to the bus to get "out there". It was nearly a run into the thicket, where I at ...