I want you to spare a thought and a moment of silence for the victims of the Tsunami and the recklessness of man, i.e. nuclear power facilities. Those people died in vain. Greedy business men killed them, interpreting the open market in a way that does not satisfy the needs of the people but lets them develop ever new ones. These are satisfied by the market, to which energy providers belong as well.
I must not hate them, for the law of the universe will look after them. But it is difficult.
I hope the injured will survive, and the dead will find peace.
And I hope that earth will recover. In time, say 1.000 years (then radiation will be about half as strong).
I decisively say no to nuclear power.
Now there are many people laughing and mocking at me and pointing their fingers for that. Look at him, they say, he wants no nuclear power, but how shall we live without electricity? How shall he fare? He will die!
Maybe they are disppointed a bit by the fact that I am not dying witout a fridge, or a TV, or a personal computer.
I will substitute all my lighting in my home to LEDs. (there are four energy-saving light bulbs all in all in my flat). I will purchase a solar mat to drive my computer and the hifi.I will remove any standby function on any electric supplement I own or dispose of it if not possible. I will obstain from full baths, preferring a shower. I will heat my water on the oven, not the water boiler. I will look to achieve my heating by a stove, not a gas heating system. That will take time, because I can´t afford it, and homemade solutions are not legal in Germany.
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
This is somewhat of an edit of an ancient post from way back then. But as is, the times have changed a lot, and so has my persp...
-
This is a MilTec assault pack, since I could not afford a Tas, for cheap (39€). Loads of Molle loops, hydration pouch (system is not provide...
-
I had used my beloved friction folder pretty hard. For those of you that are new to the blog, I made it several years ago, from a titanium...
-
It was some two weeks ago, when I went out on an after-work foraging stroll. Winter cometh;-) as they say, so I´d decided to go look for so...
-
The other day I rode out to my favourite creek to do some dipping and crafting, and I got some... nooootions. 😉 You know, my beloved mag...
-
The other day I came across some Gunnera and was pretty amazed about the pliability and durability of the fibres. Since there have been som...
-
So, as I said, the hunt is on, and I like to circle the topic by etymology first. I learned the variant "Knopmes" is still used i...
-
I tried out a new recipe with Cornelian Cherry, which are quite abundant this year. They are pretty tangy in flavor, with a nice balance bet...