This is my latest project: A Viking sheath knife inspired by Norse blade finds and Mammen carving patterns. The Damascus blade (100x 5-1.5 mm) is made from file and spring steel. And here comes the best: If anyone finds a flaw, he can keep it for himself! :-P It is not quite perfect, because I am still not good enough to perform forgewelding while Nick insists on telling me jokes that are not funny and asking me how to take over Western society ;-). But as is, it cuts like the proverbial whatsitcalled ;-). Handle is...
...carved and tanned reindeer antler and birchwood burr.
The blade gradually tapers from 5 - 1.5 mm, which makes for a very durable yet well-balanced and slicey blade.
A garnet for a butt cap. The tang is almost a full tang, so no need to peen it over, and so I thought I could do some bling...;-)
The Scandi - style sheath is made from hardened leather.
I like it and I use it!
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
I had used my beloved friction folder pretty hard. For those of you that are new to the blog, I made it several years ago, from a titanium...
-
A current hyperfixation of this here neurospicy conker is making pouches from bark. Pretty satisfying, since I am slowly getting the gist. ...
-
This is somewhat of an edit of an ancient post from way back then. But as is, the times have changed a lot, and so has my persp...
-
This is a MilTec assault pack, since I could not afford a Tas, for cheap (39€). Loads of Molle loops, hydration pouch (system is not provide...
-
Some time ago I collected some oak galls because I was feeling inspired by medieval scribe culture. I had made the graphite pen holder and ...
-
I am not quite sure how to write this positively. I am currently feeling a bit burned out, not necessarily by smithing, but by the circum...
-
The other day I rode out to my favourite creek to do some dipping and crafting, and I got some... nooootions. 😉 You know, my beloved mag...
-
It was some two weeks ago, when I went out on an after-work foraging stroll. Winter cometh;-) as they say, so I´d decided to go look for so...
-
I am working on a new ditty or crane bag (corr bolg), which will contain a set of knives, lashes for a flashlight, some utilities and mi...