Just a shot of some projects going on:
-chandelier
-a seax blade for a free Torgard replica
-En-Nep
-a hadseax for Olaf
-integral spoon
-bushcraft knife
-a heart pendant
-a rustic mountain man knife with copper ferrules and iron crosspiece
-another bushcraft knife
-copper ferrules and butt caps
All blades are made from ancient spring steel.
Watch this space!
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2015
Beliebte Posts
-
I have come to like that steel. Made a blade from an old machining hacksaw from HSS. The steel might not be a great choice for longer blad...
-
In winter I got myself two blackthorn shanks for a quarterstaff and a shillelagh. I really like the symbolism of the wood, and of the Shill...
-
At my recent visit to Solingen I also dropped by the Otter knives booth. Now they were very persuasive;-) and I got this beautiful tradit...
-
The other day I came across some Gunnera and was pretty amazed about the pliability and durability of the fibres. Since there have been som...
-
The other day I came across some beautiful rosebay Willowherb/fireweed , Chamaenerion Angustifolium, in German: Weidenröschen, and decided t...
-
This is a part of my collection of pocket knives. (Top to bottom: Otter "Notschlachter", 1.4110 100 mm blade, á virole lockback...
-
On a recent flea market round my place I found this little very interesting folding knife. It is a Turkish grape knife. The bla...
-
I had decided to make a neck pouch from the Amadou I recently harvested, and I thought, well, why not make it a challenge and make it with...
-
I was feeling inspired by some Chinese guy making cups from Reishi mushrooms and thought I would give it a go. I used tinder conk/horse...
-
Some time ago I collected some oak galls because I was feeling inspired by medieval scribe culture. I had made the graphite pen holder and ...